Digital Media Workflow Engineer - New York , New York | STAND 8
Would you like to work in a global broadcasting company? Do you love video streaming technologies? This is an opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in New Jersey, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
The Digital Media Workflow Engineer will be responsible for building and supporting business critical video systems and video-related cloud solutions.
Collaborate with D2C engineering and technical teams to implement frameworks to create and manage video-on-demand assets delivered directly to the consumer.
Design and deliver cloud and on-prem workflow solutions. Work with technology partners, site engineers, and vendors to implement smart technology solutions and tools.
- Expertise with VOD video workflows in the cloud and in on-prem/off-prem environments. Cloud development experience is required.
- Experience with cloud delivery (AWS is a plus).
- Experience with streaming video delivery, video origin architecture, and issues of scale for video delivery.
- Experience with web technologies, digital video workflow and operations, and digital video technology development.
- Knowledge of scripting and light coding to support software workflows, especially node.js or Python a plus.
- Knowledge of encoding profiles, bitrate ladders, and video compression technologies.
- Knowledge of audio/video codecs (AVC/HEVC/DD+, Atmos), HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision), DRM technologies (Fairplay, Playready, Widevine).
- Knowledge of dynamic ad insertion, both client-side and server-side, technical architecture and design implications for each.
- Knowledge of cloud VOD transcode and packaging services.
- Knowledge of basic network concepts, as they apply to video delivery.
- Knowledge of content delivery networks (e.g. Akamai, Century Link).
- Comfort with the Software Development Life Cycle and software-based tools and workflows.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- 3-5 years working in video and media delivery
- Must be willing to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and proactive in solving issues
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple groups and levels in organization
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Energy, commitment and solution focused, ability to perform under pressure and meeting stretch targets