Program Manager - Project Feeds Upgrade - New York , New York | STAND
We are hiring for a Program Manager – Project Feeds upgrade for a cutting edge media entertainment company. Be prepared to make an immediate impact, join a collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional team, and gain exposure to strategic decision-makers! this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
The Program Manager is responsible for working with Product Management, Operations and other PMs to facilitate the execution and adoption of services, solutions and products across the enterprise. This entails independently leading the complex, business critical activities that may involve integrating the work of multiple large teams.
The ideal candidate will provide strategic and tactical guidance to teams and Project Managers or Scrum Masters in ways that promote collaboration and coordination amid competing priorities. They will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, the Program Manager must be able to facilitate meetings and specific ceremonies, when applicable.
- Responsible for project delivery and implementation of operational processes of the Google DAI & Freewheel feeds platform upgrade project.
- Responsible for coordinating with internal and external teams to identify dependencies and ensure proper coverage for those dependencies
- Accountable for identifying, raising tickets and tracking all work within the project.
- Create a Project Plan for the entire initiative and facilitate timely release of deliverables
- Tracking of risks, actions and dependencies and escalating to leadership, where applicable
- Facilitate a scrum-of-scrums (SoS) to bring full project team together for status update on development / dependencies.
- Ensures PMO governance standards are adhered to (taxonomy, confluence, dashboards etc)
- Facilitate PI planning activities and help identify quarterly roadmaps for the project
- Establish and enforce change control and risk mitigation processes.
- Monitor project schedules for commitments to milestones and resource usage.
- Distribute project and program information to executive management, project teams, and other key stakeholders on a daily, weekly, or monthly cadence as needed.
- Communicate the PI planning agenda and objectives with product and engineering teams
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution of value delivery
- Proactively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
- Identify and manage risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
- Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Managers, and Project Managers to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery to consumer
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management and various disciplines across the enterprise
- Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
- Assist in fine-tuning process for cross-team communication, coordination of integration between systems, and related governance
- Manage projects (when applicable) and their interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and integrity of the delivery
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
- Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
- Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration, playing a crucial role in interfacing with end users and business stakeholders
- Manage relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
- Independently manage activities and resolve conflict within associated teams with minimal influence from management; work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Mentor other Program Managers, Project Managers, and Scrum Masters (seen as having authoritative expertise and educating accordingly)
- Effortlessly sift through “noise” and facilitate discussions and team activities with a laser focus towards results
- Strong understanding of associated domain (Google DAI & Freewheel Feeds)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in program/project management in a well-established, high-performing software development environment
- Strong knowledge of Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
- Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
- Certified Scrum Master certification, along with other Agile and traditional certifications (like CSPO, PMP) highly preferred
- Experience working in a media technology environment
- Experience working in backend operational teams as well content management systems is preferable.
- Digital and linear media technologies including: video delivery, ad delivery, user authentication, content management systems, mobile applications, web sites, and how they integrate with existing technologies
- Experience working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product management, QA engineers, and other technology professionals
- Experience working with and managing cross functional resources and vendors
- Experience producing advanced reports in Excel and other reporting tools