Sr. Technical Project Manager - New York , New York | STAND 8 Careers
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Project Manager who will drive highly-complex projects in a fast-paced environment. The TPM is detail-oriented, takes initiative, thinks creatively, and is a great teammate. A successful candidate should understand the technical aspects of digital platforms and backend services that support the needs of our streaming business stakeholder group.
The TPM will work with cross-functional teams within the data engineering business unit to drive projects from inception to launch! Projects are centered around data pipelines, data ingestion into data warehouses, exposing that data to BI visualization tools, as well as creation of dashboards, reports and other data visualization.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Facilitate project-level activities, processes, and overall execution of value delivery.
- Work directly with data engineering, data infrastructure and BI technical teams.
- Collaborate with other Project/Program Managers, Scrum Managers, Business and Technologists to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery.
- Drive cross-team communication by providing accurate and proactive value tracking to the larger organization.
- Manage project planning activities to identify scope, define tasks for a successful delivery of large scale enterprise initiatives.
- Manage risk and dependencies. Communicate effectively to all stakeholders ensuring focus on business objectives.
- Create and manage reports/dashboards for consumption by a wide stakeholder group, including other business units and executives.
- Track program and project level health and status, including major milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical related field.
- Experience with projects that are specific data pipelines, data architecture, data warehousing, BI, and data visualization
- Experience preferably working with data from a consumer facing digital business, working with consumer behavior data and/or marketing and advertising data
- In depth knowledge of the full SDLC, from project/feature intake through delivery and support.
- 5+ years in project management, in a software development organization, for consumer facing technologies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build and maintain relationships. Excellent people skills, with strong influence towards collaboration.
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and adapt to fast-paced environments and technologies.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience working on projects with data pipelines, working with data concerning media buys for TikTok, Facebook, Google, and Amazon.
- Relevant certifications: PMP/PMI, CSM, or SAFe Agile is preferred.
- Experience with JIRA (Cloud), Confluence (Cloud), Slack, Cloud Architecture
- Proficient in verbal/written communication skills including presenting to large audiences.