Video Streaming Engineer (C++ PlayStation) - Los Angeles , California
Would you like to work in a global broadcasting company? Do you love video streaming technologies? This is an opportunity for you! The Video Streaming Engineer (C++ PlayStation) will be responsible for building and supporting business critical video player systems across several embedded gaming devices.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Los Angeles, New York, New Jersey, Atlanta, and more.
- Built state of the art video streaming players within embedded consumer gaming systems.
- Collaborate with D2C engineering and technical teams to implement frameworks to create and manage video-on-demand assets delivered directly to the consumer.
- Design and deliver cloud and on-prem workflow solutions.
- Work with technology partners, site engineers, and vendors to implement smart technology solutions and tools.
- 5 years of experience working in video streaming or delivery
- Expertise building embedded video streaming players using C++
- Experience with PlayStation SDK and / or RDK video systems
- Expertise in encoding profiles, bitrate ladders, and video compression technologies.
- Expertise in audio/video codecs (AVC/HEVC/DD+, Atmos), HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision), DRM technologies (Fairplay, Playready, Widevine).
- Expertise in dynamic ad insertion, both client-side and server-side, technical architecture and design implications for each.
- Expertise in cloud VOD transcode and packaging services.
- Knowledge of VOD video workflows in the cloud and in on-prem/off-prem environments.
- Knowledge of cloud delivery (AWS is a plus).
- Knowledge of streaming video delivery, video origin architecture, and issues of scale for video delivery.
- Knowledge of scripting and light coding to support software workflows and testing.
- Comfort with the Software Development Life Cycle and software-based tools and workflows.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, debugging and decision-making skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and proactive in solving issues
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple groups and levels in organization
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Energy, commitment and solution focused, ability to perform under pressure and meeting stretch targets