Node/Microservices Software Engineer - Los Angeles , California |
We’re looking for a Node/Microservices Software Engineer to help build, customize and support the media asset management applications used by a number of different business units within the company. These systems are used to orchestrate all media distribution workflows, domestically and internationally and form the core automation framework for a number of different business units.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in New Jersey, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Work closely with product management and the lead engineer to translate business requirements into scalable and highly available tools
- Implement Cloud and Microservice best practices while adhering to standard architecture patterns
- Develop microservice applications to support the media asset management systems and implement them using appropriate technologies & frameworks
- Drive the adoption of new technologies including containers, clustering, cloud computing, serverless and API
- Follow Agile best practices and tools adopted by the team
- Integrate various software platforms and external 3rd party systems through vendor APIs.
- Work with vendor(s) on API implementation and troubleshooting, suggesting necessary features and identifying enhancement opportunities.
- Configure Dev, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable development, working closely with DevOps and QA teams
- Strong independent problem-solving skills
- Solid experience working within a Microservices setting including REST/API development experience
- Must have experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Cognito, SQS, SNS
- Languages: Node.js primarily (asynchronous programming), though we also use some Java
- Solid experience working with Unix/Linux environments for development, including package management and basic system administration
- Experience developing software against documented third-party APIs and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements.
- Experience working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH).
- Plusses/Nice to haves (not required): CI/CD Pipelines, Automated Testing, Docker, GraphQL, Object Storage & Jira