Junior Product Manager, Content Systems - New York , New York | STAND
The Junior Product Manager will support core functions of our Content and Experience Management System (CMS) that powers all VMN owned-and-operated products globally: websites, apps and emerging platforms.
The position requires a strong passion for building products and tools with the ability to collaborate with global matrixed teams to deliver results. You will ensure features and enhancements are aligned with our key objectives while working to make our users' day more efficient and delightful.
Are you a highly motivated product manager that is interested in partnering with a wide range of divisions: Consumer Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Brand Strategy, Production, Acquisitions, etc.? If so, this is an opportunity to join a fantastic, distributed team!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Work closely with Product to manage a backlog of user stories to deliver features, enhancements and fixes most critical to meeting our business, product and team goals.
- Effectively collaborate with engineering and design teams, as well as various internal stakeholders, to plan and coordinate development and pre-launch activities.
- Ensure that all processes, features, enhancements and fixes are documented thoroughly and maintained for quality.
- Liaise with Product, Engineering, and Operations teams to triage and resolve CMS bug reports quickly and efficiently.
- Serve as a Product expert and CMS advocate for internal teams and stakeholders across all lines of business.
- 0-2 years of experience in Product Management, ideally in technology or related field.
- Experience working within a media company is strongly desired, particularly with experience in managing photo/video assets and metadata.
- Knowledge across the landscape of digital streaming media products.
- The Junior Product Manager must have the ability to:
- Build strong working relationships with engineers, business analysts, designers, stakeholders and other teams across the organization.
- Make data driven decisions based on user research and technical analysis.
- Organize and write product documentation tailored to various audiences.
- Deal with uncertainty and changes in plans or approach.
- Identify and articulate risks to a project or feature and work with Product teams on next steps.
- Discover, and passionately fulfil the needs of the users with strong product intuition and UX design sensibilities.
- Accommodate meetings with our global peers in other time zones – particularly Europe.