Application Developer III (C# / .Net core) - Los Angeles, California
We are hiring for an Application Developer for a top banking partner leading their field. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
Application Developer III (C# / .Net Core): As part of a development technology team, individual analyzes business requirements and problems and drives research to design quality technical solutions. This individual will be involved in portions of the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Handles complex problems independently and demonstrates analytical thinking. Is able to make judgements and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
- May lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
- Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Financial Services experience preferred.
- Experience in the following areas: project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, application development, change management.
- Intermediate level knowledge of the following:
- Middle tier and back end
- Web Services experience
- #C / .Net Core hosted in Azure (previous experience with Azure is a plus, not 100% required but a plus)
- SQL Server Database experience
- Migrating Data
- Mimicking services
- Project/team specific development languages.
- Project/team specific development skills.
- May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- Competencies and Behaviors:
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.