Construction Manager - Houston, Texas | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
The Construction Manager is responsible for all construction aspects of our client's projects, including; Vendor selection, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives. Represent our client as an expert in construction issues related to tower construction / modification and placement or DAS and small cell projects, including iDAS in buildings, oDAS public right-of-way and small cells in conjunction with internal plant construction and associated external. methods. Oversight for DAS and small cell projects will include activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Morrisville, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.This role will be supporting T-Mobile Construction and Integration on the TOWER side of the business. Looking for candidates with hands on Nokia integration experience for the west market.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directly advise and influence decisions of District and/or Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work.
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
- Overseeing construction including: Integration Scope Award, Troubleshooting, RTT and on-air monitoring. Provide direction to general contractors and integration vendors responding to managed integration events.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- High School degree
- A valid drivers license required
- Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Macro Site Construction and Integration processes and procedures
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
- Knowledge of budget development and execution
- Knowledge of construction management process
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge