Fiber Construction Manager - Jacksonville, Florida | STAND 8 Careers
Back to Job Search
Fiber Construction Manager
Date Posted: 1/12/2022
Job ID: Job #4702
Employment Type: Contract-To-Hire
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
SHARE THIS JOB POST
Position requires experience with outside plant and inside plant cable construction in aerial and underground facilities, with a thorough knowledge of all issues related to local and state permitting, pole and conduit licensing procedures from Utilities, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Position also requires the capability to manage multiple construction contractors. From project qualification and design through punch-list and close-out, the Fiber Construction Manager will ensure that projects are completed to client and internal specification, on time, and within budget.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Connecticut, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work hand in hand with Fiber Engineers.
- Manage all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget.
- Conduct initial constructability review in accordance with project specifications.
- Develop Construction Bid Package and competitively bid project to subcontractors.
- Manage development of permit and construction plans;
- Order and track delivery of 3rd party materials;
- Oversee site construction, managing schedule and subcontractors to customer and internal requirements.
- Coordinate all construction activities with local and state agencies with regards to permitting and licensing.
- Attend company and client status meetings.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- A valid drivers license required
- One (1) to three (3) years construction experience, one (1) to three (3) years direct telecommunications experience with three (3) years of supervisory contractor construction experience preferred
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing Grounding and Bonding Tests, RF Sweep test, OTDR, Optical Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing preferred
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with BSCE, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem solving environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Basic telecommunications experience/knowledge
- PMP certification a plus
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
- Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development