Program Manager - Sports - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers |
We are hiring for a Program Manager for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable working with all kinds of people in various locations across all types of cross-functional teams including but not limited to finance, marketing, video production, design, and video streaming / platform engineers. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with rapid changes in requirements, communicate clearly and effectively in meetings, hold stakeholders accountable for their deliverables and track project through to completion. This person is a great facilitator, runs productive meetings, a creative problem solver and knows what it takes to manage large and complex projects with a diverse team of collaborators taking a project from inception to delivery.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Work with business and project leaders (Tech/Product/Production) to define project goals, stakeholders, deliverables and milestones.
- Identify cross-functional team responsibilities and hold those stakeholders accountable.
- Daily communication with project leads across multiple cross-functional teams and roles which include but are not limited to other project managers, product owners, engineers and executives.
- Create a project timeline and supporting documentation which includes but is not limited to key milestone delivery dates, meeting cadence and agendas, completion status and report on the overall status of the project at any time.
- Must be able to highlight areas of risk and help define a path to resolution through stakeholder engagement, discussion points and action items.
- Proactively "connects the dots" between platforms, interfaces, project lanes and development teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a project / program manager which includes serving as a lead program manager on an enterprise level initiative
- Experience in defining and implementing a project process from inception to completion.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and project management principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate the programs’ strengths, weaknesses and risk with a mindset to analyze and overcome risk and strengthen weaknesses.
- Strong leadership qualities that can guide strategic vision, delegate to others and drive overall program initiative to success.
- Proficiency in project planning tools like the Atlassian suite and / or Slack that facilitate tracking for a large project but also enough flexibility to support those groups that do not work within those toolsets.
- 7+ year of experience. industry experience would be multimedia companies, tech companies.
- Past experience in a large scale internet based organization, media company or agency.
- Knowledge of media production planning, online video streaming across multiple platforms and internet / web technology is a plus.
- PMP certification or similar program / project management certification.