Program Manager - Content Systems & Services - New York , New York |
The Program Manager is responsible for working with Product Management, Engineering, and Technical leadership to facilitate the execution and adoption of services, solutions and products across the enterprise. This entails independently leading the complex, business critical activities that may involve integrating the work of multiple large teams.
The ideal candidate will provide strategic and tactical guidance to teams and Project Managers or Scrum Masters in ways that promote collaboration and coordination amid competing priorities. They will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, the Program Manager must be able to facilitate meetings and specific ceremonies, when applicable.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Charlotte, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Responsible for coordinating, managing and tracking content delivery for the relaunch of an owned international brand
- Partner with the overall program manager for the project and provide them with regular status updates on the various content delivery tracks
- Coordinating with content scheduling PM to ensure content is being delivered to the CMS system per the defined schedule
- Coordinating with production design and production assistant teams to track and manage the requisite images assets and metadata
- Work with video-ops PM to help identify issues related to content delivery failure (missing content, broken content etc) and log them with the appropriate upstream teams
- Partnering with video-ops PM and maintaining a comprehensive tracker of all content related issues pertaining to production, MPX and upstream workflow (content needing re-push)
- Managing content QC testing efforts with external vendor; this includes tracking the QC testing progress, sending daily summary reports to stakeholders on QC efforts, logging any platform or video related issues in the right JIRA queues, tracking content programming completeness and reporting on that etc.
- Work with Product Management and Technology to perform discovery, estimation, prioritization and documentation.
- Create and propagate processes for tracking delivery across the different content systems & services workstreams for the program.
- Assure that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities.
- Establish and enforce change control and risk mitigation processes.
- Monitor project schedules for commitments to milestones and resource usage.
- Distribute project and program information to executive management, project teams, and other key stakeholders on a daily, weekly, or monthly cadence as needed.
- Evaluate project success and reporting back to stakeholders on success criteria met.
- Ensures PMO governance standards are adhered to
- Align with PMO governance team to establish and communicate Quarterly Program Increment (PI) planning sessions and activities
- Communicate the PI planning agenda and objectives with product and engineering teams
- Setup PI planning boards for product and engineering to plan their quarters
- Facilitate discovery and dependency sessions before, during and post PI planning
- Monitor resolution of program risks, dependencies, and blockers for the program/track identified during or after the PI Planning; escalate as necessary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution of value delivery
- Proactively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
- Identify and manage risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
- Manage dependencies within and across programs
- Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Managers, and Project Managers to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery to consumer
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management and various disciplines across the enterprise
- Facilitate cross-team scrum-of-scrums (where applicable)
- Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
- Assist in fine-tuning process for cross-team communication, coordination of integration between systems, and related governance
- Manage projects (when applicable) and their interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and integrity of the delivery
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
- Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
- Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration, playing a crucial role in interfacing with end users and business stakeholders
- Manage relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
- Facilitate efforts in larger and more critical/complex programs and operational activities that involve integrating the work of multiple large teams
- Independently manage activities and resolve conflict within associated teams with minimal influence from management, work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Mentor other Program Managers, Project Managers, and Scrum Masters (seen as having authoritative expertise and educating accordingly)
- Effortlessly sift through “noise” and facilitate discussions and team activities with a laser focus towards results
- Scan external environment for best practices and collaborate with team(s) to implement where applicable
- Leverage advanced project management skills to identify process gaps and introduce innovative approaches that increase predictability and quality
- Strong understanding of associated domain (related technologies, processes, etc.)
- Contribute to defining the goals for the MTS Platform and Program Management departments
- 5+ years of experience in program/project management in a well-established, high-performing software development environment
- Strong knowledge of Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
- Comfortable and experienced in leading business and technology in vetting technical options
- Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
- Certified Scrum Master certification, along with other Agile and traditional certifications (like CSPO, PMP) highly preferred
- Experience working in a media technology environment
- Experience working with teams that handle complex code integration among many teams
- Digital and linear media technologies including: video delivery, ad delivery, user authentication, content management systems, mobile applications, web sites, and how they integrate with existing technologies
- Experience working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product management, QA engineers, and other technology professionals
- Experience working with and managing cross functional resources and vendors
- Experience producing advanced reports in Excel and other reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.