Senior Network Engineer - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers |
The ideal candidate is an experienced Senior Network Engineer looking to join our growing organization. STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
The Senior Network Engineer has a strong background in Network Design Engineering with a particular focus on high availability and service provider environments. The person in this position is responsible for the performance of company’s production network and is a subject matter expert in the area of IP networking. Additionally, this person provides support to Network Operations.
- Responsible for capacity planning, design, and engineering, of a carrier-grade Metro Area IP Network
- Design and manage installation, configuration, and maintenance of necessary systems for scalable, resilient, and secure LAN/MAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Install, configure, and maintain necessary hardware for high availability of the network
- Install new software releases, system upgrades and patching
- Perform system backups and recovery of all operational devices
- Maintain and support high density public Wi-Fi network infrastructure
- Assist NOC team with network related issue
- Assist with developing and implementing IoT based M2M and mobility solutions
- Provide excellent customer support to existing and potential customers
- Communicate with vendors on network requirements for new equipment and/or related issues
- Document, track, and monitor network related problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Assist in administration, maintenance, development and implementation of policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of information and availability of systems
- Evaluating new technologies as appropriate and required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or related field.
- At least one of the following certifications (or equivalent) required: CCNP, CCDP, CCDE, CCIE, CWNA, CWNP
- Strong background in Network Engineering with a particular focus on security, high availability, and large-scale wired and wireless environments.
- Previous carrier experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in network engineering
- Minimum of 10 years with network management and monitoring tools
- Minimum of 10 years of in network security
- Minimum of 10 years with Cisco ASR, ASA, Nexus, Catalyst, IOS, and wireless controller technologies.
- Minimum of 7 years of Wi‐Fi, Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), microwave, and/or cellular Radio Access Network (RAN) experience
- In-depth knowledge of the following network protocols: BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, MPLS, TCP/IP, BFD, Q-in-Q, Multicast Routing, QoS, EVPN VxLAN, EVPN MPLS, and/or PBB-TE
- Experience with following network technologies: RADIUS, NTP, PTPv2, NetFlow / IPFIX, SNMP, syslog, DNS, DHCP, SDN
- Knowledge of Wi‐Fi communication protocols and technologies such as 802.11 b/g/n/ac, MIMO, TKIP, AES, WEP, WPA
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems (ie. Red Hat and Ubuntu)
- Knowledge of 3GPP networks such as LTE, RAN, EPC, etc. is a plus
- Experience designing and managing Cisco, Extreme WiNG, Ruckus, or Aruba controller-based enterprise Wi-Fi platforms
- Familiarity with RF planning, link budgets, and RF engineering principals a huge plus
- Experience with optical network is a plus
- Experience with scripting such as scripting such as Python, Perl, and Ansible is a plus.
- Exposure to moderate noise when working in a datacenter environment
- Available to work flexible hours – some night shift, weekends or emergency calls
- Works independently when required with minimum supervision or assistance