Senior Software Engineer (Java Full Stack) - Atlanta, Georgia | STAND
The world's leading provider of business technology software, hardware and services for banks, retailers, restaurants and more, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Develop high quality software which meets requirements, promotes re-use of software components, and facilitates ease of support.
- Diagnose, isolate, and implement remedies for system failures caused by errors in software code.
- Identifies and implements process improvements in Engineering practices.
- Utilize software based system maintenance and tracking tools.
- Provide input and technical content for technical documentation, user help materials and customer training.
- Conduct unit tests, track problems, and implement changes to ensure adherence to test plan and functional/nonfunctional requirements.
- Analyze, design and implement software mechanisms to improve code stability, performance, and reusability. Participates and leads code review sessions.
- Create high fidelity estimates of their own work efforts.
- Assist others in estimating task effort and dependencies, responsible for team commitments within the Sprint.
- May be asked to lead and advise other Engineering resources as part of project activities.
- Considered subject matter experts in their chosen field.
- Participates with industry groups, stays current with technology and industry trends, disseminates knowledge to team members, forms best practices.
- Communicate with Solution Management and other internal teams. Participates in crossfunctional collaboration within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software design and development
- Java Full Stack design & development:
- Good exposure to JEE application servers and web servers
- Messaging frameworks such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, JMS or Kafka.
- Multi-threading, localization support in Java, socket communication
- Experience developing Web based applications using HTML 5 & OAuth2
- 4+ years integrating with REST APIs
- 3+ years’ experience working with Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- 2+ years’ experience working with AngularJS or ReactJS.
- Experience leading or mentoring teams.
- API based design and development using REST & SOAP frameworks
- Good hands-on database experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Expertise in design patterns like – MVC, Microservice architecture.
- Developing Design based on given requirements and architecture.
- Deep understanding of Software Development and Quality Assurance best practices
- Experience operating in an Agile environment, with a deep understanding of agile development principles.
- Mentoring junior engineers in the team.
- Worked in any Software Development Life Cycle model and desirable working in Agile environment
- Knowledge of software development standards and protocols.
- Experience with tools utilized in development environment:
- Ant, SVN, MAVEN, JIRA, Confluence, Eclipse, Crucible, VM (Virtual Machine)
- Software application in container – Docker, Kubernetes
- CI, TDD using Junit for Unit tests
- Green or Black Belt CI Certification