Data Engineer - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a Data Engineer for a cutting edge media entertainment company. Be prepared to make an immediate impact, join a collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional team, and gain exposure to strategic decision-makers! this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of Python and SQL and demonstrable experience developing cloud-based data pipelines. Experience with our specific stack including AWS services (S3, EC2, Lambda, SNS, Datapipeline), Linux/Unix, Snowflake, and Tableau is a plus.
- Create AWS data pipelines, build data models and test/deploy code
- Work with a variety of APIs to create ETL workflows.
- Ensure that we meet delivery SLAs and adhere to Agile principles.
- Develop a deep understanding of SVOD/AVOD business data model.
- Create Snowflake objects, stored procedures, and tasks for modifying and storing data
- Identify areas of improvement and optimize data storage, processing, and utilization of cloud resources
- Undergrad or higher degree in a field such as computer science, software engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years experience of hands on as a data engineering
- 3+ years experience with Python and SQL
- 2+ years experience in AWS
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter, able to work independently as well as in a team environment