Real Estate Specialist - Houston, Texas | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a Real Estate Specialist for one of the largest real estate investment trusts and provider of shared communications infrastructure in the United States.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Morrisville, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review Real Estate documents to ensure compliance when an application is received. Review and process applications within cycle time guidelines, securing consents and additional land if needed and removing restrictions that could impact the customers timely installation or prevent marketing of the tower.
- Negotiate and obtain required consents, LOAs and additional land as quickly as possible and within cycle time expectations.
- Perform all revenue producing services to meet projected goals and targets. Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Promote pre-construction and zoning and permitting services. Work with Real Estate Manager and/or Director to ensure proper staffing is in place to deliver these services to the customer within budget and on time. Deliver service and exceed expectations.
- Provide current status reports to management and customers on a recurring basis.
- Review zoning regulations in support of new customer applications and attend project meetings as needed keeping the District informed of zoning documentation needed from customer.
- Communicate with and resolve Property Owner issues, while improving the quality of our relationships.
- Ensure all landlord default claims are resolved within cure period and documents are properly scanned into CCIsites.
- Manage projects to maximize the portfolio including leasing/selling excess land, site abandonments, negative margin towers, tower relocations and obtaining blanket consents.
- Formulate and understand financial information from projects impacting financials, ground leases and customer license agreements.
- Work with corporate functional groups and local attorneys (if needed) for proactive resolution of property matters.
- Prepare ground lease amendments for legal review.
- Manage external Legal vendor and minimize legal expense as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate and work with District, Asset, Tower Operations, Sales, Property Management, Legal, CM&R, Accounting, Tax, and PEP teams on property questions and issues.
- Review all necessary real estate documents to ensure accurate Property Certification on all assets. Ensure that sites already certified remain evergreen by monitoring PEPs closings and ensuring that system is updated properly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure CCISites/Readiness/ (Zoning) LUTab, BPM and LRM are properly used, updated and accurate.
- Escalate matters to Real Estate Manager and/or Real Estate Director when needed to ensure timely project completion.
- Bachelors degree in Business or equivalent work experience; or,
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school will be considered in lieu of experience
- Real Estate license preferred but not required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of real estate experience
- Wireless industry experience preferred but not required
- Zoning and Permitting experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve and provide solution alternatives
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements
- Ability to comprehend all title documentation
- Ability to comprehend survey and construction drawings
- Ability to comprehend Zoning ordinances and municipal processes