NIRT SOC Analyst - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a SOC Analyst – Junior/Mid for a company that provides strategic solutions for platforms and missions across air, land, and sea domains.
If you are ready to develop and implement concept of operations for our government customers’ range instrumentation systems, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Morrisville, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
This role will work with the National Incident and Response Team (NIRT) of the Federal Reserve System as a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst. This candidate will review data and help identify anomalies that require further investigation. This is an evening/overnight shift that typically begins 7 or 8 pm until the shift handover in the morning. The candidate will work (3) 12-hour shifts a week on consecutive days (though days may shift to ensure team coverage from time to time). This resource will generally be on duty with one other resource from the NIRT during their shift.
- BS 0-2 Years or HS 6-8.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (preferred) and experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance, including US Citizenship.
- Security platform and technology capabilities; SIEM utilization skills with the ability to analyze security events from multiple monitoring and logging sources to identify and/or confirm suspicious activity.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and unstructured data to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activity.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, TCP/IP protocol and network/packet analysis.
- Knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, and a dedicated desire to research current information security landscape.
- Experience with IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services. This should include knowledge of networking protocols, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion detection systems, operating systems, databases, encryption, load balancing, and other technologies.