Lead IT Trainer - Culver City, California | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a Lead IT Trainer for a prestigious law firm in the Los Angeles area. If you love a challenge and are ready to hit the ground running with innovative learning solutions; this could be a great position for you!
STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We work with top tier client-partners across the United States and have offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, Phoenix, and Morro Bay.
The IT Training Lead is primarily responsible for leading technology training projects and programs, working collaboratively with Management to find innovative learning solutions and to increase technology adoption in support of the overall strategy and business goals of the firm. The IT Training Lead assesses training needs and then designs, delivers and evaluates quality training for attorneys, staff, and other Firm end users at all office locations.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or equivalent social sciences degree, preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in a law firm environment.
- Thorough knowledge of basic legal software systems, particularly: Microsoft Office Suite 2016, iManage (or similar), Adobe Acrobat, and Crowther Macro Systems (or similar).
- Possess basic understanding of overall computer systems, applications, and business processes of a law firm.
- Possess effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, have excellent attention to detail, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to strategize, and multi-task, required.
- Possess an exemplary customer service mindset, be highly motivated, and enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Demonstrate logic, reasoning skills, analysis and interpretation to resolve problems.
- Experience with IT change management and technology adoption strategies.
- Ability to perform as a leader and team player.
- Commitment to proactive communication and exceptional follow up skills are required.
- Ability to convey ideas both verbally and in written form, work independently, and prioritize job responsibilities.
- Possess strong process design and continuous improvement skills.
- Available and able to travel, required.
MANAGE TECHNOLOGY TRAINING FUNCTION
- Lead the planning of training and communication of technology rollouts.
- Work in collaboration with the Project Manager to plan, track, and update tasks related to training and communication of large technology rollouts.
- Work with the IT Managers and Directors to coordinate training needs for their groups based on new project plans.
- Onboard, train and oversee contract trainers and other technology vendors.
- Onboard, train and mentor other firm technology trainers.
- Provide strategic input regarding new training techniques or approaches, change management communication and implementation, and IT project and initiative adoption.
- Determine the need for training by evaluating the needs of the attorneys and staff to increase their efficiency and effectiveness in the workplace.
- Build strong relationships with practice groups and departments; understanding their processes and workflows and identifying opportunities to leverage technology to drive efficiencies. Align needs and requirements to training content.
- Liaise with managers and attorneys to assess individual and/or group training needs, providing feedback, recommendations, and follow-up support for further training.
- Work with the User Support Analysts to determine trends in help desk tickets and determine if there is a training need as a result.
DESIGN TRAINING CONTENT AND LEARNING TOOLS
- Responsible for instructional design: prepare, develop, plan, organize and deliver curriculum and instructional materials (written, electronic, or other media) on existing core applications and new product rollouts.
- Develop training curriculum for super-users of technology, including the User Support Team.
CONDUCT AND EVALUATE TRAINING
- Monitor the training team’s progress on assignments.
- Prepare activity and progress reports for training and project activities.
- Provide Firm-wide training in accordance with the needs of the Firm.
- Schedule and train new hires on software and hardware used by the Firm.
- Offer just-in-time training to legal professionals designed to improve their practices.
- Conduct specialized training workshops to raise technology proficiency of staff, attorneys, and other Firm end-users.
- Conduct regular training workshops to reduce call volume into the Firm’s Help Desk.
- Continually evaluate and determine gaps in knowledge and determine the need for training.
PROVIDE ADDITIONAL SUPPORT
- Maintain high visibility by providing desk-side coaching and ad hoc floor or remote support.
- Manage Summer Associate program – schedule, assist with outline development, and train Summer Associates.
- Manage Learning Management System (LMS) content, track and provide reporting on usage, and develop and assign learning plans in accordance with the needs of the Firm.
- Proactively research and recommend technology solutions that may benefit the Firm.
- Participate in hands on quality assurance testing of new applications/software.
- Maintain current understanding of legal technology trends and training techniques.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all Firm core software/technology.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all Firm and departmental policies, processes, and/or procedures.
- Provide technology support services to staff, attorneys, and other Firm end users.
- Assist on special technology projects as assigned by attorneys and/or management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Computer – Windows 10 operating system
- Telephone – VOIP phone system
- Printer, Fax, Scanner, Photocopier, Shredder, Projector, and other Audio Visual equipment
- Other hardware/software as required.
- Software systems, particularly:
- Microsoft Office Suite 2016, Microsoft 365, FileSite (or similar), SharePoint, Crowther Macro Systems (CCC Macro Pro), Microsystems DocXTools, Workshare Compare, Best Authority, PS|Ship, Elite WebView, Remote Access (VPN/Citrix), Mimecast