Animation Technical Support Representative - Burbank, California |
The Animation Technical Support Representative (ATSR) reports to a Manager or Director of Technical / Desktop Services. The Technical Support Representative will provide the expertise required to maintain and support various IT systems, adhering to strategic department and company standards. The Animation Technical Support Representative will work collaboratively with members of other IT groups in support of animation related projects and expected to provide a high level of customer service, advanced technical support for end user animation related software and hardware, as well as network, server, Service Desk support and telecommunications support as needed. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in New Jersey, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
- Troubleshoots user problems requiring a working understanding of the desktop environment and a basic understanding of inter-related technologies.
- Perform password resets for computer and voicemail applications
- Monitors open Incidents on a daily basis to ensure that requests are being handled in a timely manner.
- Escalates incidents / service requests as appropriate.
- Works to assess the customer’s comfort level with technology, and may have to manage the customer’s anxiety and to determine the actual nature, or underlying cause, of a user problem.
- Can problem-solve most standard desktop problems
- Repairs PCs/peripherals following established procedures.
- Selects specifications for new desktop equipment based on user needs and configures as appropriate.
- Configures and installs new desktop hardware.
- Supports mobile devices and AV equipment, installing, troubleshooting and supporting as needed.
- Documents problems and resolutions.
- Follows up with the customer to ensure that problems have been addressed successfully.
- Possesses working knowledge of standard desktop hardware and software and able to address most issues by following established procedures.
- Builds expertise in standard desktop hardware and software and the ability to resolve customer issues.
- Has a basic understanding of network connectivity and infrastructure.
- Assist with Video Conferencing setup and troubleshooting in Conference rooms
- Support mobile devices (Iphones, Ipads, Adroid tablets)
- Installs desktop software, including upgrades.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of various animation related software to include: Adobe Creative Suite, Flix, Shotgun, Unity Pro, Maya and Cinesync.
- Familiarity with AVID systems, and other editorial software and work flows.
- Work Closely with department finance personnel to facilitate business justification and procurement to necessary hardware and software
- Strong customer service skills, positive attitude, excellent problem- solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Help Desk ticketing software (i.e. ServiceNow).
- Ability to troubleshoot remote technologies (i.e. VPN, Citrix Client, Remote Desktop and wireless solutions).
- Exceptional knowledge of all Microsoft Operating Systems and Mac Operating Systems.
- Exceptional Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suites, including Outlook/Exchange and Office for Mac
- Strong knowledge providing hardware breakfix for PC and MAC systems, laptops, Mobile devices, and printer hardware.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot new technologies as they emerge
- Has a basic understanding of network connectivity and infrastructure?
- Has a general understanding of the company’s products, services and basic business processes, and the ability to prioritize the criticality of a user area or application requiring support.
- Understands the technology organization and where to escalate customer or operational problems.
- Can effectively choose from among many different procedures or approaches in order to implement a solution.
- Courteous and tactful at all times with customers and MTS colleagues. Diffuses problem situations effectively. Is always seen by customers as professional and helpful.
- Effectively probes customers to determine the actual nature, or underlying cause, of a customer problem.
- Operates effectively as part of a larger team and in managing own work.
Typical candidates will possess 2+ years of experience in a technical support role, potentially including “hands on” internship experience.
Minimum of 2 years work related experience.
- Strong desire to help others (customer service), friendly, motivated, positive attitude, excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suites, including Outlook and Entourage (Office 2003, Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013 and Office for Mac 2011).
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (WIN7).
- Exceptional knowledge of Macintosh Operation Systems (Leopard and Snow Leopard).
- Strong knowledge of PC systems and MAC systems (desktop and laptop), as well as wireless devices and printer hardware.
- Ability to troubleshoot remote technologies (RDP, VPN, Citrix, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot wireless handheld devices (Blackberry, Droid, iPhone, iPad, etc).
- Previous experience with tracking tickets in an incident management system.
- Excellent ability to follow procedures and processes to ensure we remain IT Compliant.
- Previous experience with Active Directory is desired.
- Knowledge of VOIP technology a plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco telephone system a plus.
- Ability to keep pace in a fast moving environment.
- Proven track record of being detail oriented, with outstanding follow-through.
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical staff.
- Knowledge of Video Conferencing systems (CMA, RMX and MGC).