Application Developer - Plano, Texas | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for an Application Developer. This is a contract to hire opportunity for a fast-paced production environment in a large enterprise financial client.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Plano, Raleigh, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
The Application Developer will be responsible for the overall coding and design of technology solutions that address the client's business needs.
- Create complex, enterprise-transforming business applications
- Write high quality code
- Use the latest tools and techniques (.NET, C#, Ruby, Rspec, nUnit, Agile Methodologies, Web Services)
- Test software during development
- Prepare software for deployment to production environments
- Respond to questions and issues logged by users of a live system
- Proficient-level technical knowledge in one or more areas of technology such as Ruby, Rails, .NET, SOA, and Database
- C#, SQL Server, SSIS
- Excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to conceptualize solutions
- Delivery experience on a Ruby/Rails development project
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design
- Knowledge of design patterns, refactoring and unit testing
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum is helpful
- Familiarity with relational and new type of databases
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred