Video Player Engineer - New York , New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
Are you interested in being part of a leading strategic services and staffing agency that implements solutions across every major film and broadcast media company in America?
Join our team!
We're growing our Center of Excellence (CoE) around all things Video Streaming; from ingest and ad insert, to DRM, player, SDK, and infrastructure as code in the cloud. Join our team and learn from others in the industry and share your experiences to create re-usable accelerators, and IP.
Our team is comprised of industry experts from many different studios, with deep skills in OTT and video streaming platforms and products.
STAND 8 is hiring for Video Player & SDK Engineers to join our team and work with cutting edge media entertainment companies. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
- Responsible for client delivery, change and knowledge management
- Contribute code to SDKs, players, and device manufacturers
- Design, manage and develop technical requirements to improve the streaming platform
- Implement new OTT product technical capabilities to improve the overall platform, Customer Experience, performance and stability
- Work with the QA team to design and manage test plans, automated regression scripts, tools and methods that ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Troubleshoot and resolve live encoder/packager, HLS/DASH stream type problems
- Support internal video analysis tools (stream validators)
- Collaborate and mentor junior technical and functional team members
- Video Player experience is a must, Shaka player is a plus
- Film and/or broadcast media industry experience is a plus
- 1+ years of OTT video stream or SDK engineering experience
- Proven ability to design and optimize video streaming processes
- Experience building Libraries/SDKs is extremely important
- Experienced working with web players like HLS.js, Shaka Player, DASH.js, video.js, Clappr, MP4, CMAF
- API and Migration experience
- Experience integrating and automating the flows and building automation flows/streams
- Video Streaming background with 4k Experience is a big plus
- Expertise with performance and monitoring tools including Conviva, New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus, and/or Splunk
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban) a plus
The Ideal candidate is:
- Hungry, Humble, and Smart
- Goal oriented & customer focused
- Passionate about developing products that delight the user
- Creative mindset & leads by example
- Enjoys communication & collaboration
- Implements sustainable engineering rigor/principles/practices
- Believes in continuous improvement - Team(s) get better over time
- If you have been or would like to be a speaker at Demuxed, we would like to meet to you
If this opportunity resonates with you but you feel you’re not quite there yet… we still want to talk to you about other positions on our team.
About STAND 8
STAND 8 has been in business for over a decade and has strategic partnerships with almost every major Film and Media studio in the United States. We’ve been named partner of the year multiple times by numerous clients. We build long term relationships as the trusted advisor to our customers around digital engineering, cloud infrastructure, delivery automation, data science, security, and digital workplace. With over a dozen offices world-wide, teams have autonomy to be responsive to the market and do what’s right for our clients. Our teams are backed by four global delivery centers, a culture of collaboration, and strategic partnerships.
Our Video Streaming CoE helps our clients bring the most impactful customer experiences to life. We do that in a way that makes our clients the hero of their transformation story. We are passionate about and dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. Our team is comprised of industry experts from many different studios, with deep skills in OTT and video streaming platforms and products.
STAND 8 is committed to offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to meaningful work that aligns to their personal and professional goals. We are passionate and dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team.
Learn more at STAND8.io