Business Intelligence Analyst / Manager - Los Angeles , California |
We are hiring for a Business Intelligence Analyst / Manager for a cutting-edge financial platforms to provide growth and solutions for a top nationally known home mortgage lender. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, San Francisco, New York, DC. and more.
The Business Intelligence Analyst / Manager is responsible for both designing the systems that produce this information, and, analyzing the information to identify trends and issues. Their typical activities will include engaging managers for business requirements, collaborating with technology managers to acquire data, designing and building dashboards to visualize KPI’s, analyzing those metrics for insights, and helping those managers use those tools and insights in their roles. This candidate is expected to lead a transformation of the division’s business intelligence capability through direct and indirect management of other resources. In particular, the candidate will partner with Technology resources to access and extend the available systems for consuming enterprise data, which include Salesforce, Tableau, Einstein Analytics / Tableau CRM, Snowflake, Microsoft PowerBI, and proprietary SQL databases. The ideal candidate combines strong business acumen and understanding of the private banking space, the ability to use data to drive decision-making and the skills to create useful dashboard and reports.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with CRM-related business intelligence tools required, including some or all of these tools: Salesforce, Einstein Analytics, Tableau, and Snowflake.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a banking/financial services environment required
- Minimum of 5 years of sales performance reporting and analysis experience required
- Minimum of 5 years experience demonstrating strong Excel and SQL capabilities, including complex formula/function development, writing macros, utilizing PivotTables and other methods to manipulate large datasets, including accessing ODBC data sources and SQL data manipulation
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or related field preferred
- Highly developed skills in Salesforce, Einstein Analytics, Tableau, Access Data Base, Excel, and Query capabilities, to enable data management and effective/efficient reporting and analytics. Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement analytical databases from scratch and implement efficient data sourcing strategies (batch and real-time)
- Performance measurement experience and strong analytical skills required, with an ability to arrive at logical and quick conclusions, and to facilitate structured decision-making for teams and stakeholder groups.
- Proven track record leading successful data transformation initiatives; able to lead specific projects and direct the work of others; highly developed teamwork behaviors.
Understand Private Banking business & our business intelligence needs.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the wealth management space and Bank strategy to succeed
- Assess the current business intelligence reports for their effectiveness and efficiency
- Establish relationships with key business stakeholders and analyze their goals and needs for information
- Identify KPI’s required to produce insightful analysis / reporting and enable executive decision-making
- Study and develop a practical understanding of the bank’s key systems for client information and metrics, including Salesforce Sales and Marketing clouds, CityData, CIS, CRISP, OFSAA (Oracle Financials), and Callidus (performance measurement & compensation)
- Design effective analytical data models in Snowflake or similar tools for integrating and extending this data so that it can be used by multiple parties within the division
- Develop automated processes to acquire, transform and load the data, while monitoring quality and validity, using SQL and other data transport tools
- Influence the design of Salesforce to capture the data needed to drive effective reporting
- Over time, transform the current data and reporting stack from one based on MS Access and Excel to a modern toolset that complies with bank and regulatory policies (e.g., Snowflake, Azure, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Analyze the data to identify common problems (missing data, new key values, inconsistencies, invalid values, etc.), and, continuously monitor and resolve those issues.
- Produce ad hoc analysis as required from executive stakeholders and deliver in various formats according to the need (Excel, PowerPoint, dashboards, etc.)
- Perform independent analysis to identify the important segments, drivers, breakpoints, and patterns
- Deliver these insights to senior managers via written and verbal presentations, formal and informal
- Incorporate those insights into the production reports and dashboards for use by the management team
- Develop dashboards and reports for interactive and static delivery using Salesforce, Tableau, Einstein Analytics / Tableau CRM, Power BI, and similar tools
- Develop an innate understanding of the management team’s information needs by participating in management discussions
- Capture requirements through interviews with senior managers and executives and synthesize them into coherent designs
- Teach and enable other reporting analysts to run routine monthly report production processes to meet the needs of the division
- Adapt and learn new technologies as the enterprise business intelligence tools evolve