Sr Microservices Developer - Greenwood Village, Colorado | STAND 8
Would you like to work in a global/distributed environment? and lead our engineering team to success as we transform into a hyper digital retail company? This is an opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Microservices Developer. STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Colorado and more.
- Build and maintain software solutions (which will meet and exceed operating targets of reliability, scalability, security, maintainability and performance).
- Employ agile based development methodologies in partnership with product management stakeholders.
- Champion continuous improvement and simplification of technology and underpinning stacks.
- Continuously improve SDLC processes including comprehensive code reviews, QA automation, unit testing, etc.
- Create teams that play to the strengths of individual team members while identifying opportunities for development/mentoring.
- Contribute to the engineering standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of eCommerce front end interfaces, content management systems, front end frameworks and programming languages.
- Promote a DevOps culture that enables engineers to execute quickly and with quality.
- Ensures appropriate resources are identified, hired, and retained.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years overall software engineering leadership role and 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams that delivered complex global eCommerce or equivalent front-end solutions.
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UI patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, MV* etc.).
- Ability to articulate risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
- Ability to dive into the source code of front-end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary.
- Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
- Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- Experience building and delivering APIs and services for consumption at scale.
- Familiar with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi-protocol gateways.
- Experience in delivery of applications and services using both relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience using microservices architecture leveraging Kubernetes and other PaaS platforms is a plus.
- Ability to establish KPI’s and standards related eCommerce engineering best practices.
- Provide training opportunities and ensure the engineering excellence of the team.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and active-listening skills for receiving feedback and providing recommendations in a constructive solutions-oriented manner.