Senior Infrastructure Operations Specialist (Layer 1) - Osaka, Osaka
STAND 8 provides end to end global IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States, Europe, and Japan with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York and more. We have a direct relationships with our client and are setting up interviews ASAP for those that can start the first week of July 2021. This opportunity is an onsite 2 year long project in Osaka JAPAN. Must be fluent in spoken and written Japanese.
The role will be expected to be able to provide answers and make decisions at the site, at time of question for any matters that are within scope; these decisions should be based on experience, training and UPT standards and will have a direct impact on the project, budget, infrastructure, and/or business. The role will be regarded as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for space, power, cooling, cabling, security, standards and other miscellaneous areas as it pertains to MDF/IDF/SIDF, campus fiber ring, and other areas that contain UPT infrastructure.
Responsible for developing the standards of a Critical Environments infrastructure and management of new infrastructure build out projects. Insuring the UPT Campus Distribution facilities are at the highest standards and that uptime reliability of the UPT core systems are met.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Experience and knowledge of industry standards in telecom and structured cabling
- Experience and knowledge of MEP standards and operations as it pertains to critical environments
- Experience and knowledge of Site Construction and vendor management
- Experience and knowledge of cable management and fiber distribution standards
- Experience with code enforcement or compliance, understanding general building terms and processes
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Professional Business communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Visio, etc..
- Understanding of Autodesk Navisworks, RevIT, AutoCAD is a plus
- 5+ Years: Experience and knowledge of UPS, PDU, ATS, CRAH, CRAC, Generators and HVAC principles including chilled water systems.
- Planning and installation of IT racks/cabinets, cable management, copper, and fiber optic cabling.
- Knowledge of infrastructure systems and equipment
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CET/CEM RCDD
- CommScope Designer - preferred but not required.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Technical experience in Infrastructure, Data Center Operations is also required. Applicable work experience could be considered in lieu of BS