Senior Java Full Stack Developer - Waterloo, Ontario | STAND 8 Careers
Our customer's Software Engineering organization is building world-class banking applications used by some of the top financial organizations in the world. this is a great opportunity!
If you are passionate about Software Development. You want software to work - and work reliably over time. You see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility and opportunity. You don’t see problems; instead, aided by your strong technical and development skills, you see boundaries to push and challenges to solve.
You enjoy developing exciting applications using the latest technologies. You enjoy being part of a team that is building software solutions that make life easier and more fun! In fact, you're a fun person to be around
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Canada, New Jersey, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for Software Developer like you.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 8-12 years Java development experience
- Experience with APIs and JSON/REST web services
- Strong design and analytic skills
- Experience working in software development and testing concepts in a fast-paced, dynamic Agile environment
- The ability to communicate effectively & adapt to changing requirements
- Strong team and communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Experience with JUnit
- Be part of a collaborative scrum team working in a scaled agile environment
- Design and implement new features and functions for an exciting new omni-channel financial platform based on new technologies
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Actively participate in various scrum and SAFe ceremonies
- Develop and/or modify Automated Unit, Feature and Integration Tests
- Engage in story grooming sessions to flush out technical requirements
- Bring new ideas to increase the efficiency of the team
- Troubleshoot development and production problems as needed
- Microservice development in a Kubernetes/Docker environment
- Database technologies including Cassandra and Redis
- Cloud/SAAS technologies such as Google Cloud, AWS and Azure
- Maven and Jenkins
- YML Scripting