Infrastructure Project Manager - Purchase, New York | STAND 8
We are seeking an Infrastructure Project Manager to join the IT team. Our client has a large and aggressive portfolio of projects which will require a strong project manager with solid IT infrastructure knowledge to help drive continued growth and expansion.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills, a level of understanding of the technologies they are implementing, and good skills navigating the organization for the resources they will require to insure on time and in budget delivery.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- PMP certification
- Experience managing large infrastructure projects including acquisition integrations, data center migrations, decommissioning projects, server builds, network and storage implementations
- 7+ years of IT Project Management experience and proven track record of handling multiple projects concurrently with successful project delivery results
- Experience with cloud solutions
- Team Player
- Ability to interact with end users, to understand their use cases and issues
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Resourceful and self-starter
- Pro-active customer support, working tirelessly to anticipate end user issues
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Planning, initiation and execution of complex and/or multiple infrastructure projects
- Responsible for facilitating the execution of IT projects/programs by ensuring the quality, completeness, tracking and reporting of work items as they flow between participants in key business process
- Project schedule development, Status reporting, communications planning and management using a variety of tools including MS Project
- Proper scheduling of resources and time management
- Coordinate work teams consisting of client / vendor blended teams
- Incorporate risk mitigation strategy and contingency plan
- Perform analysis that reflects actual vs. planned variances
- Perform project closing activities including operational transition planning and execution
- Proven leader and trusted advisor championing projects to deliver predictable and repeatable results
- Balance the art and science of project management to scale and leverage techniques and processes efficiently