Sr Technical Project Manager - Monterrey, Nuevo León | STAND 8
We are seeking a Sr. Technical (Transformation) Project Manager will focus on strategic Transformational Initiatives, with deep experience delivering results in complex global projects. Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving, Stakeholder Management, Process Improvement, Data Analytics, Change Management, and Program and Project Management.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mexico, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
The Sr. Technical (Transformation) Project Manager will be responsible for managing and delivering initiatives aligned with the Officer and Client Digitization Project Roadmap. As part of the team's ongoing digital transformation strategy, the IT project manager is in charge of partnering with members of the commercial and technical team to assess the existing technology landscape in the Guarding and Mobile business divisions with the goal of offer software enhancements, strategic enterprise integrations and process automation. The IT Project Manager’s responsibilities include developing and maintaining project plans for assessments, implementations, and upgrades. The IT Project Manager will lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of IT implementation projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints agreed with the project stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented person responsible for all standard Project Management activities including: identification and management of deliverables, tasks, timelines, resources, RAID, prioritization, and critical paths; enforcing documentation and development standards, escalation of issues & driving mitigation solutions. Organizes and maintains project artifacts in the project repository ensuring audit compliance.
- Lead, oversee and motivate project team resources from technical groups and functional clients of varying responsibility levels towards successful delivery and management of project goals utilizing standard project methodology and change management procedures.
- Organize and lead project team meetings across the project as required, manage and communicate meeting notes, risks, issues, actions, and decision process to resolution/completion.
- Lead documentation & management of project charter, scope, hardware/software/business requirements, risk & issue management, impact assessment, action items, decisions, communication, completion of design, construction, testing, implementation & cutover, readiness, lessons learned and post implementation support tasks.
- Manage stakeholders and ensure close collaboration between divisional, local resources, the global team, and SI resources concurrently.
- Confirms and secures the expected outcomes among project stakeholders and steering committee. Constructs executive summary level communications under tight deadlines. Participates in development of executive recommendations and manages the project steering committee
- Document and manage project issue resolution, from identification and documentation through resolution. Escalate issues to management and project governance as required.
- Assist with organization and development of project budgets and tracking actual to budget costs. Includes analysis with vendors, clients, internal IT and functional resources, oversight of invoice processing and financial information to ensure accurate coding and posting.
- Participate as a team member on projects led and managed by other groups.
- Prepare regular IT project and support status reports to management, and handles matters in a confidential, professional and ethical manner.
- Provide a high degree of autonomy in the performance of duties, working effectively with little supervision at times. May include some evenings and weekends when necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience of running projects in a large global organization demonstrating sufficiency to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Professional Project Management Certification (PPS, PRINCE2, PMP or similar)
- Experience in implementing/upgrading large enterprise systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday, SAP) is preferred.
- Experience with IT system integrations specifically within the Finance, Billing, HR functions
- Experience working in a complex web-based IT organization that includes internet, extranet, and SharePoint environments is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, project management, planning, and organizing skills, including experience using MS Project & Project management tools.
- Combination of business, IT, financial and communication skills; position is highly visible with cross-project team impact
- Expertise in setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Intercultural and organizational sensitivity that strengthens effectiveness
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of stakeholder trust and confidence
- Highly proficient in Microsoft O365 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Skype, Visio, etc.)
- Understands the responsibilities of the IT function, standard project methodologies (Waterfall/Agile/Hybrid Agile), change management procedures, and industry best practices.
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong customer service and results focused
- Ability to effectively correspond, present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle project leadership responsibly
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Computer Usage.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent sitting
- Close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work primarily performed in an office environment
- Approximately 25% - 50% travel required