Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Plano, Texas | STAND 8
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, Texas, and more.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) works on web applications that improve our client's applications. The ideal candidate is a smart, roll-up your sleeves individual who is willing to jump in and aspire in an Agile environment with strict deadlines. The dedicated team player will be responsible for automated testing of web UI, APIs, E2E and database applications.
- Define the scope and procedures for quality engineering of the application, including the development and maintenance of automated test scripts using Jest, Enzyme, Selenium, Webdriver.IO in Node.JS
- Execute backend data-driven tests with Jest Node.JS, automate ETL process
- Test APIs for resiliency, latency, and performance across many components
- Load, performance, API testing via JMeter or GraphQL
- Create logically structured test plans, design detailed test cases, file defects, generate reports
- Assist in the process and plan for extending all tests and bring them to automated build tests.
- Collaborate with developers and product owners to understand customer’s needs, focus on important features of the application, database use and have automate everything mind set
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and core values: Accountable, Reliable, Ethical
- Strong passion for quality, high level of attention to detail, and the proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS, HTTP Requests
- Strong understanding of SQL database, ability to write SQL queries (PostgreSQL or SQL Server)
- Experience testing, debugging REST APIs with Postman and automate with Jest via Node.JS
- Experience using JIRA & Zephyr
- Experience with GitLab CI or any other CI / CD tools
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
- Familiar with Sauce Labs and Blaze meter
- Familiar with AWS services: Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, AWS Lambda
- Understanding of how to test AWS Lambdas and any other AWS services