Data Engineer - El Segundo, California | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
The company is in the midst of transforming from legacy technologies to modern technologies while implementing an SRE support model. A good candidate would have experience working with business and product owners in drafting requirements for metrics and KPIs. They would also require experience working with development and other technical teams to understand the data and setup pipelines to a common repository from which reports and dashboards can be created.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
The data engineer would work across teams to define data sets to meet requirements, secure the data and make it available to analysts to construct dashboards and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Work with business, product, and process owners to define reports, KPIs and Metrics
- Work with Strategic Platform Operations teams to define reports, alerts, KPIs and Metrics
- Work with Development and Infrastructure teams to secure data feeds to support requirements
- Create processes for data set verification, acquisition, mining, and modeling
- Design and monitor real-time and batch data processing
- Develop algorithms to find trends in data and make it more useful to the enterprise
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to team members regarding data engineering and data tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years experience in data engineering
- Experience using REST APIs to extract data
- Experience with Palantir Foundry
- Experience with languages such as SQL, python, SQLSpark, PySpark
- Experience training others preferred
- Experience with visualization tools such as PowerBI and Tableau
- Experience with Oracle and Informatica
- Experience with tools such as ELK, Splunk, Dynatrace, Catchpoint, Quantum Metric
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Team
- Master’s in computer science with a focus on data