IT Project Manager - Purchase, New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are seeking an IT Project Manager to join the IT team. Our client has a large and aggressive portfolio of projects which will require a strong project manager with solid background in IT project management with detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle methodologies. The ideal candidate will have strong Guidewire Claim Center experience and/or P&C Claims and Policy admin systems related experience.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for managing IT projects on a day-to-day basis using the Project Management Life Cycle process and deliverables.
- Develop and manage plans/schedules/deliverables for small to large sized projects.
- Manage project timelines, activities, resources, and budgets.
- Provide regular status updates and Executive Status updates as needed.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and negotiate with project stakeholders to determine most accurate and appropriate definition of project scope and schedule.
- Work closely with technical resources and business analysts in the interpretation of requirements and the translation into design specifications.
- Liaise between developers, architects, business analysts and QA analysts. Foster clear communication between the disciplines.
- Ensure that projects comply with audit requirements.
- Work closely with outsourced development vendors as needed.
- Track performance against objectives and develop corrective strategies when objectives are not being met.
- Maintain relevant metrics to provide transparency on team performance.
- Resolve conflicting priories in scope, schedule and cost for projects among various stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Remove impediments by engaging the right personnel and/or finding the right solution.
- Additional projects and assignments as needed.
- Strong background in IT project management with detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle methodologies.
- Background in Admitted Commercial Insurance and Reinsurance desired.
- Proven experience managing small to mid-sized IT projects independently.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects which span both business and IT disciplines.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with an ability to effectively manage cross-functional team discussions.
- Strong management skills with an ability to achieve results in a matrix management environment.
- Ability to translate business needs into IT deliverables.
- Strong business planning, organizing, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Multi-disciplinary information technology familiarity with proven systems deployment experience.
- Experience using PM tools (MS Project, SharePoint, VSTS, etc.).
- BS Degree/Equivalent (Technology focus preferable)
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field and 5+ years Project Management experience.
- PMP certification desired.
- Expertise with all aspects of requirements and testing processes.
- Detail-oriented and good analytical abilities.
- Skilled in working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal (business) communications skills.
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Be able to handle multiple priorities and proactively identify risks to project timelines.
- Team player who works well with technical and business resources.
- B.A / B.S degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus, but not required.
- CPCU Designation or advanced degree is a plus, but not required.