RF Engineer - Mahwah, NJ | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
Using sound engineering principles and planning tools, this position supports the RF Engineering team with the small cell sales process, project implementation, and the ongoing maintenance and modification of DAS and Small Cell Networks (SCN).
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Interface with Customer and cultivate relationship with their engineering teams.
- Create DAS and small cell network designs and proposals.
- Utilize sales process workflow systems.
- Design systems by selecting sites, conducting CW tests, analyzing data, and prepare customer documentation.
- Configure, test, optimize and commission DAS and small cell networks.
- Support NOC and troubleshoot performance issues and new technology trials.
- Design and engineer small cell solutions.
- Leverage empirical and predictive design tools.
- Facilitate implementation of solutions and trials.
- Conduct field work and measurements.
- Operate test equipment and run post processing software.
- Provide planning, coordination as well as drive testing including CW, benchmark, and optimization.
- Coordinate, oversee or perform system optimization of multi-node outdoor SCN systems.
- Work closely with customer personnel regarding system design, performance and optimization, recommend configuration changes.
- Use a variety of measures to confirm system designs including test equipment, power density and power meter, spectrum analyzer, and pilot scanner.
- RF and fiber testing, reporting, and troubleshooting.
- Perform ongoing system testing, test analysis, troubleshooting, test reports and recommendation for changes and upgrades.
- BSEE ; MSEE preferred
- Minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of RF engineering experience or equivalent
- Needs to have solid DAS design and optimization experience.
- Familiar with small cell architecture
- Able to use prediction tools and MapInfo
- Knowledge of 2G,3G,4G, 5G wireless technologies
- Able to create link budgets, calculate noise figures, and calculate intermodulation products
- Knowledge of radio wave propagation fundamentals, antenna theory, and optical transmission
- Able to use test equipment and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to stay organized and follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.