Senior QA Automation Engineer - API - New York, New York | STAND 8
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you are expected to think critically and ensure quality throughout the automation system. The ideal candidate will work with developers, product managers, QA team members, and operations team members to ensure deliverables are timely and meet expectations. This role requires the ability to facilitate and manage API automation processes including code quality and making overarching technical decisions, as well as mentoring the QA Engineers already working in the automation team.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Mentor Associate QA Engineers and QA Engineers to ensure code pushed into the repository is high quality and reviewed
- Create API tools that can make the manual and automation QA teams’ tasks more easily manageable
- Maintain and adjust the automation roadmap to complement the feature roadmap
- Work closely with the rest of the QA team to ensure most valuable automation coverage
- Analyze and adjust automation architecture to make it scalable as more features are added, across several different platforms
- Create system so that tools are accessible as needed to the QA team and other teams, as needed
- Work with various engineering teams to integrate QA system with all available build systems
- Define the test automation API framework, scripting and make sure the team is delivering them within expected timelines
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in advanced Java, API automation, Selenium
- Coaching, training, and mentoring QA engineers and ensuring that quality standards are met across the entire team (2-5 people)
- Experience using Jenkins or similar CI/CD tools
- Ability to write/execute test cases/suites for multi-platform application software
- Advanced experience using RESTAssured™, Postman, and Charles Proxy
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Work to consistently improve testing efficiency – including for regression testing.
- BA/BS in computer science or any related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Actively tested for defect across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of video technologies in both objective C and java
- Strong understanding of agile test tools and methodologies