Program Manager / RTE - Burbank, California | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
Our team is seeking a highly motivated Program Manager/Release Train Engineer (RTE) that will contribute to our PI Planning Events every quarter for an Agile Release Train, to monitor / report on our program increments, and guide your scrum teams to deliver our complex, matrix, programs that are on time, on budget and with value. Our ideal candidate will play a vital part in leading our complex projects and programs across 5 or 6 scrum teams. The role knows what it takes to manage large and complex projects, involving multiple partners and a diverse team of collaborators taking a project from inception to delivery to delight our customers!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Burbank, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Serve as the “air traffic controller” guiding projects and objectives to deliver against aggressive timelines
- Contribute to the Planning and logistics of the PI Planning Event on a quarterly basis
- Partner with Agile Team Scrum Masters, product owners, and engineering to ensure successful delivery against PI commitments and complex projects.
- Moderate travel between Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York offices (when viable)
- Communicate with the business around teams velocity and projects health not just for your own teams but supporting the PMO in reporting on all teams’ status - progress, risks, capacity issues, roadblocks and other key performance indicators as required, the good, bad and the ugly through the various artifacts of scrum of scrum (i.e. backlogs to burn down charts), status reports and just common-sense communication efforts.
- Prepare and manage project plans, documentation, risk mitigation and resource management as needed for cross-team initiatives and large projects/programs and act as liaison between cross-functional teams (design, engineering, editorial, sales and marketing) to drive end-to-end development of products to market.
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues and remove impediments for the teams.
- Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work, championing a positive culture, both for your team and the wider business unit, and through working with other PMs within the PMO to help foster agile scrum and scaled agile, and other productivity methodologies throughout the organization.
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Agile SAFe certification and experience as an Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) in at least one (1) previous company.
- 7-10 years of scrum master experience, leading multiple scrum teams and large, complex deliveries.
- Program management experience tracking complex direct-to-consumer projects from start to finish.
- Ability to coach AND provide transformation guidance.
- Scrum Master certification with deep understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies) including the ceremonies of backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective.
- Experience working in Web and Mobile Applications development teams in technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, IOS, ANDROID
- A bag of project planning tools, tricks and processes for road mapping, planning, gantt, yet all the while fostering iterative processes and feedback milestones in the SDLC.
- Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, google suite, Slack, and ability to whip up a presentation or project plan when needed.
- A proactive, efficient, and resourceful approach and ability to thrive in a creative and deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication and status sharing skills, and excellent listening skills
- Willing to travel between Los Angeles and San Francisco CA on a regular basis (every month).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Certified Scaled Agile Program Consultant certification
- Knowledge of video streaming products on Mobile, Desktop, OTT and Smart TV screens
- PMP Certification or similar Program/Project Management certification
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites
- Basic proficiency and general understanding of standard development software
- Release management experience across Web, Mobile Applications and OTT platforms to customers