IT Systems Engineer - Calabasas, California | STAND 8 Careers |
STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We work with top tier client-partners across the United States and have offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey, Raleigh, and Morro Bay.
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers, IT and IT business units. This relates to all technology, to include: virtual workstations, servers, patch management, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on VMware.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 etc.
- Support services for HP / Dell related technologies: Servers, Storage.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions using E-Vault and other backup software.
- Understanding basic networking: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: Terminal Services, licensing services.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Ability to be on-call 24/7 in cases of emergencies
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast paced environment
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management