Support Engineer - Video Platforms - New York , New York | STAND 8
We are hiring for a Support Engineer - Video Platforms for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
The ideal candidate would be technology savvy, resourceful, detailed-oriented and especially passionate about customer service, committed to meet if not exceed customer expectations.
- Learn and understand company’s media management and distribution workflows for effective support those users
- Capture support requests via phone, email or ticketing tool, coordinating assignment with other members of the support team and prioritizing such requests/tickets with L1 support and operational teams
- Assist in the investigation and troubleshooting of support requests, working closely with L1 support, operational customers, software developers, vendors, IT and other engineering groups in the company
- Elaborate Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) reports when needed by team leadership and operational stakeholders
- Work closely with product management and operational customers in identifying, documenting, and communicating production support cases that may translate into product development needs
- Follow Agile best practices and tools adopted by the team
- Perform scripting (Linux shell, Java Script, Python) and/or use of MAM back-end configuration tools to provide temporary or long-terms solutions to support escalations
- Participate in daily operational and support status meetings and calls to represent the support team and report effectively on status of support tickets and additional details required
- Work with client user groups to ensure operational needs are being appropriately met
- Build and maintain a healthy relationship with customers and other operational stakeholder of our application to procure the best customer satisfaction
- Education/experience in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field/equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role working directly with customers
- Minimum 3 years working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH).
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Schedule flexibility is needed to meet on-air operational needs.
- Familiarity with broadcast production or video content management systems
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies/environments for software development and project execution
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments
- Familiarity with project tracking and collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence (Wikis)
- Understanding of Cloud-based environments and settings (AWS)