Media Encoding Specialist - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers |
The Media Encoding Specialist is responsible for the receipt of master digital files for the purposes of Quality Control, Ingestion and Archiving for organization properties. These files are used for Global Linear Broadcasts, Streaming Platforms, VOD/DTO, and delivery to our Digital Business Media Partners.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Pre QC (Technical Check) of digital files received to determine pass/fail (based on technical specification such as codecs, field order, Audio/Video Track Sync, verifying file types and other requirements per the file delivery requirements).
- Full QC files as needed for late arriving materials and to provide additional support to our Quality Control team.
- Assess and Identify Required Technical Video and Audio Attributes and the appropriate workflow template for the purpose of entering and ingesting content into VMS (MAM/Content Archive) using the Digital Master Ingest (DMI) workflow.
- Ensure all Digital Master Ingests (DMI) of Files complete successfully in VMS or are escalated to appropriate support team and followed up on frequently.
- Possess in depth knowledge of all the encoding profiles and transcoding processes.
- Be able to perform basic editing and rendering in Premiere such as splicing together video and audio clips, blurring out images and adding bleeps or drops to audio tracks.
- Ability to determine proper presence of closed captioning within files and edit side car scc caption files using Mac Captions or Captionmaker.
- Escalation of issues to proper support/tech teams and management.
- Assist Supervisors/Managers with special projects as needed.
- Previous work experience with receipt and encoding of digital content.
- Ability to recognize and diagnose video and audio issues.
- Ability to measure quality of video and audio on waveform monitor/vector scopes.
- Knowledge of File Codecs and Various File Types.
- Knowledge of various supporting side car files for global integration and customization purposes (wavs, stl, caption files and pro tools).
- Strong understanding of digital workflows and interdependency of downstream transcoding workflows and deliverables.
- Familiarity with Signiant and Aspera Delivery Systems.
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere.
- Strong ability to multi-task, shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong oral and written Communications using various software and methods such as Email, Microsoft Teams, Slack and Excel.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay calm and maintain effectiveness when faced with stress and deadlines.
- Ability to follow careful guidelines and work independently.
- Work a flexible schedule – which may include evenings and weekends as needed.
- Willingness to work onsite and remote as needed.
- Familiarity with running file-based reporting tools such as Interra Baton and Media Info.
- Experience with any of the following software/hardware systems is a plus:
- Rhode & Schwartz Venice Ingest & QC Server
- Evertz Mediator System
- Accurate Player, Telestream Switch, Quicktime tools
- AWS media workflows
- Colorfront Transcoder/Player