IT Project Manager - New York, New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
The IT Project Manager will have a dual role supporting the Production operations team to develop and implement Agile processes that allow them to plan, track, and coordinate the teams workload. He / She must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the projects.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Mountain View, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides coaching around Agile frameworks and best practices for feature/project delivery, utilizing traditional project management approaches when needed
- Facilitates and/or supports Agile framework ceremonies for Agile teams
- Responsible for teaching and enforcing the values and principles of Agile, while promoting self-organization and constantly improving our standards of work
- Identifies, tracks, and removes impediments for feature/project and team success
- Engages with LOB PMs to identify, plan and track dependency work for production operations teams.
- Tracks and reports key project metrics, informing stakeholders as appropriate
- Assure that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities.
- Pull together upfront estimates of time and resource utilization/allocation.
- Analyze and facilitate risk and mitigation accordingly, including establishing contingency plans and initiating corrective action.
- Manage relationships with the Content Team, Product Team, Engineering Teams, and/or other stakeholders.
- Champion department-wide processes.
- 4+ years in Agile project management in a well-established, high-performing Agile software development environment with at least some dedicated teams
- Strong knowledge of Scrum and other Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (including with an executive audience)
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- PMP or Certified Scrum Master certifications desirable
- Experience managing projects within a media company and/or in an online businesses environment
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence is preferred
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is preferred
- Strong knowledge and passion about Agile principles and practices