Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Burbank, California | STAND 8 Careers
Seeking to hire a Sr. Business Systems Analyst to support the global accounting and finance system for Television (TV) Distribution. The Sr. Business Analyst will be responsible for engaging key stakeholders of the business to provide day-to-day support and requirements, analysis and design for enhancements to the Financial Application.
We have a direct relationship with the hiring manager on this critical project and are setting up interviews next week for someone who can hit the ground running using innovative solutions. This position is for a contract opportunity in Burbank, CA. Be prepared to make an immediate impact, join a collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional team, and gain exposure to strategic decision-makers!
STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We work with top tier client-partners across the United States and have offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, and Morro Bay. This position offers full time benefits and longevity for talented associates who can work on a W2 without sponsorship.
The primary role of the Sr. Business Systems Analyst is to act as a liaison between business partners and IT Teams. They will perform as the subject matter expert (SME) for the business domain and conduct knowledge transfer with the product, testing and development teams. This resource will be responsible for understanding, reviewing, analyzing and evaluating business partner needs. The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for documentation of business requirements based on business needs and objectives. Will recommend solutions and ensures business needs are met. This role is critical in decision-making as it gathers detailed requirements from our business counterparts. The role is also very strategic as it is a customer-facing function where the relationship with the business is critical.
In addition to documentation of requirements, twill also responsible for AS-IS documentation and gap analysis. Must be able to collaborate with the product owner, engineering team, and QA team to ensure that the business requirements and expectations are met. This role will also interact with key stakeholders across finance: Global Finance, FP&A, Participations and Residuals, and Production.
- Serve as key contact to user community, overseeing the collection and validation of business requirements for project initiatives.
- Lead the requirements analysis/gathering, business process definition and design sessions with the business stakeholders to deliver new functionalities.-
- Understand and communicate business goals and objectives.
- Act as SME, and knowledge transfer to the Product Owner and Technical teams. Will need to effectively communicate requirements and business processes.
- Coordinate with other IT project teams within the organization to design and support interfaces with upstream/downstream source systems.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing.
- Provide expert trouble-shooting capabilities to assess, identify, and engage in resolution on reported application issues for daily production support of the application.
- Provide training, support and guidance.
- Review new project initiatives and determine functional impact.
- Work closely with the director to provide regular status.
- Create and execute test plans when required.
- Minimum 5 years of client facing and business analysis experience.
- Experience leading the analysis discussions, and extracting and documenting business requirements on projects, system enhancements and defects.
- Finance and/or Accounting experience (Finance application) and/or experience in the Entertainment industry.
- Experience with studio-based TV Distribution or finance systems as an analyst or consulting professional.
- Experience working with applications supporting large financial data bases and complex calculations.
- Experience with agile development methodology.
- Working understanding of SQL and ability to analyze issues.
- Experience using Jira and Smartsheet.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with team members, business users, and other IT areas.