Java Spring Engineer - New York , New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a Java Spring Engineer for a cutting edge media entertainment company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
This role falls within the “Scheduling” organization, which is focused on developing Program Scheduling (Linear, Non-Linear, Video-on-demand) applications for the enterprise.
- Work closely with business units to define technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements.
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors
- Write unit tests as well as higher level tests in accordance with it to handle expected edge cases and errors gracefully (Junit, Selenium)
- Contribute to and respond to code and architecture reviews as needed.
- Develop highly scalable services following a microservice architecture
- Implement and troubleshoot, suggest necessary features and identifying enhancement opportunities.
- Proficient at using systematic debugging to diagnose all issues, and ability to use systematic debugging to diagnose cross service issues
- Write code and scripts to automate everything possible
- Assist with the design and implementation of Cyber guidelines to ensure governance across multiple cloud venues, private and public.
- Create robust documentation, architectural frameworks, and design patterns for both customers and development team members
- BS in computer science or related field
- Expert at services development including Java (Sprint Boot, Sprint Cloud)
- Strong experience leveraging AWS Fargate, ECS, Kinesis, CloudWatch, Docker, CI/CD, terraform to deploy highly reliable and scalable cloud applications
- Proficient with data structuring languages, including JSON, and design of binary data formats
- Knowledgeable in NoSQL databases as well as with relational databases
- Demonstrated ability in building cloud native and 12 factor applications
- Demonstrated production-level software development skills
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, manage, and complete project deliverables
- Experience with agile development methodologies, rapid application development, and project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including visual presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- At least 5 years’ experience in a software engineering role
- Self-motivated & accountable, with a high level of commitment to responsibility
- Experience in Java Spring Security, Spring OpenFeign, MapStruct
- Understanding of AWS cloud infrastructure as well as different AWS services such as Kubernetes, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, API Gateway, EKS, Synthetics Canaries
- Experience with gRPC
- Experience creating and managing projects in revision control, including GitHub
- Experience with code quality (such as PMD, Checkstyle, Spotbug, SonarQube), unit testing (Jacoco, Jupiter/Junit, Mockito), automated testing and performance tools
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems (gradle, maven)
- Ability to automate the deployment of infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Ansible, or Chef/Puppet
- Experience with Agile, including Scrum, Kanban
- Understanding software development in a DevOps culture