Sr. Network Engineer/Architect - Monterrey, Nuevo León | STAND 8
We are hiring for a Senior Network Engineer/Architect for a security services company. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in New Jersey, LA, Atlanta, New York, Mexico and more.
- Lead the strategy, architecture, and design of the next generation solutions involving network security, segmentation and automation.
- Work with business units to identify requirements (cost, functionality, performance), provide networking solutions and drive projects forward.
- Act as an escalation engineer for high severity network related production issues, work with engineers and various vendors to identify tactical and strategic solutions.
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. An ideal background will include:
- Must have 10-15+ years of proven experience designing, deploying, and managing large-scale multi-vendor enterprise networks, with focus on performance optimization and scalability.
- Lead, coordinate, and communicate details of technical projects.
- Experience leading technical projects including building project Plans/Scope/Charters
- Has worked with client and customers identify requirements and document and communicate technical designs
- Deep understanding of network designs and operations
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from concept to production
- Validated knowledge and experience transforming enterprise to Zero Trust network model
- Able to recommend network improvements, complete and present cost/benefit analysis, to meet changing business requirements.
- Experience with enterprise data center architectures, Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint, Cisco ISE, F5, NetScaler etc.
- Maintain and document existing network configurations and dependencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies/architectures including; SDN, Next Generation firewalls, SD-WAN and network segmentation.
- CCIE or CCNP Routing and Switching certifications or equivalent are preferred.
- Network Automation (Ansible, Python, etc.) a plus.
- Sharp troubleshooting faculties, deductive reasoning, and careful attention to detail.
- Independent and self-directed work ethic when participating in a collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written skills to develop technical documentation
- Dedicated commitment to service availability and quality user experience.
- Perform on-call duty for non-business hours support as per shift assignments.
- Hands-on experience working with various cloud vendors a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Periodic travel may be required intermittently.
- Must be flexible and available for afterhours support.