Android Developer - Los Angeles , California | STAND 8 Careers |
We are hiring for an Android Developer for a top banking partner leading their field. If you are ready to create an impact in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, this could be a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and more.
This position is responsible for developing Android APPS. The Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. The core focus for the position will be on implementing software for mobile platform with an emphasis on UI/front end development. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
- Design and build advanced UI/UX applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Conduct rapid prototyping, knowing when and how to evolve prototypes to a production-ready state
- Conduct unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Participating in regular code reviews and software planning/retrospectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5 years of experience in native Android development, Web Design, Mobile and Front End Development with UI and UX design & Mobile dev experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven software development experience and Android development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and have published at least one original Android app
- Knowledge and experience with RxJava/RxAndroid and MVVM architecture
- Experience with Android SDK, Kotlin and working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with iOS SDK with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text and a familiarity with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch is a PLUS
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies with the ability to advise and consult on best practices in the domain.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development agile life cycle.