Security Analyst - Purchase, New York | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
Back to Job Search
Date Posted: 1/14/2022
Job ID: Job #4672
Employment Type: Contract
Location: Purchase, New York
SHARE THIS JOB POST
We are hiring a Security Analyst for a specialized global insurance provider. This position will be responsible for resolving user-reported IT security issues and system-generated alerts. The position will also be responsible for triaging and routing system vulnerability data to the application/system/device owner for resolution.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Charlotte, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
- Analyze user-reported security matters: suspicious emails, unusual logon activity, etc. Communicate with users to gather details and/or explain the threat.
- Analyze system-detected security alerts. Research and resolve or escalate.
- Analyze system-detected vulnerabilities. Verify the risk and route to the responsible party.
- Maintain master data in monitoring systems to ensure alerts have full context
- Understanding of common email phishing and other exploitation techniques. Ability to rate emails as malicious/clean and take necessary steps.
- Familiarity with common end-user attack vectors for credential theft, malware delivery, wire fraud, etc.
- Understanding of Active Directory permissions
- Familiarity with common diagnostic tools like nmap, procmon, bind, etc.
- Experience searching with Splunk and other security tools
- Familiarity with scripting in PowerShell and/or Python, desired
- Working knowledge of security technologies such as firewalls, anti-malware agents, and security logging/tracing.
- Minimum five years of experience in security or technical support roles
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to independently identify and assess risks, threats, patterns, and trends, then provide that information or choice to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with non-technical users to gather precise incident details
- Strong writing skills and an ability to describe complex technical issues with depth and structure. Must have the ability to organize information to convey timing, cause, effect, and desired outcome.
- Previous experience supporting computer networks, operating systems, software, and hardware
- B.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering