Senior Storage Engineer - Phoenix, Arizona | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
We are hiring for a Senior Storage Engineer for a cutting edge media entertainment company.
If you are passion for the latest streaming technologies and you are interested to provide strategic growth initiatives to a top streaming partners leading the field of OTT, this is a great opportunity for you!
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in New Jersey, LA, Atlanta, Arizona and more.
We are looking for a Senior Storage Engineer to provide on-site data storage, protection system deployment and administration for storage systems. Supporting purpose-built physical and virtual computing environments, the Engineer will architect for the enterprise and lead activities related to implementing and maintaining the data storage and protection environments. Experience with Block, File, Object and Cloud-enabled data storage, tiering mobility and availability systems and methods is needed, along with archiving and data protection familiarity including CDP, snapshot, compression/dedup, replication, and traditional backup technologies.
The Engineer will support problem identification, RCA and resolution, technical solution development, publishing SOPs and documenting policies and procedures governing the use and operation of data storage and protection infrastructure. Engineer operates as a project manager, is responsive and ensures problems addressed and resolved while building and maintaining positive, cooperative relationships across IT Organizations, clients, resellers, and manufacturers
- Architect, implement, maintain and troubleshoot enterprise-grade data storage and protection systems for structured and unstructured data
- Daily demonstration of advanced knowledge of working with high-performance Block Storage Systems (similar to Pure) in an enterprise environment
- Lots of vendor management, 5 manufacturers: Dell EMC (Isilon), Brocade, PureStorage, NetAPP, Rubrik who are viewed as strategic partners- hold them accountable for delivering quality services
- FC Switching (similar to Brocade) in an enterprise environment
- File Storage Systems (similar to NetApp) in an enterprise environment.
- Object Storage Systems (On-Premise and Public Cloud) in an enterprise environment
- Archive Storage Systems (similar to Rubrik) in an enterprise environment.
- Data life-cycle management and tiering strategies
- Collaborate with SME’s from various IT disciplines to form comprehensive solutions to meet or exceed design criteria specified by diverse business units.
- 5-7+ years of experience working in a dynamic, face-paced industry (similar to Media and Entertainment) with the ability to balance and lead complex projects
- 5-7+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (SQL, ORACLE, Web servers, Load Balancers, etc.).
- Working knowledge of building Infrastructure as a Code with technologies like
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Terraform Scripting (preferred) or CloudFormation. (one or the other is powerful)
- Vendor Management experience
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively understand, manage and diffuse high pressure situations, providing ongoing
- Team and customer service oriented, with the ability to work and interact effectively internally and externally, with goal oriented people, in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and produce high-quality work while managing multiple critical projects in a deadline oriented environment
- Ability to adjust priorities to align to changing demands of business units.
- We're looking for passionate and dynamic people to join our Enterprise Data Assurance team.
- We value work-life balance, meaning we are equally passionate about work and our personal life.
- On-call cycles are rotated and shared but are expected to be low-stress because the environments we architect and build are well thought out and built for performance, durability, and sustainability.
- New technologies are learned and taught, but qualities like curiosity and enthusiasm to learn and share is self-cultivated. Relevant responsibilities and technologies listed below are significant, but we are more interested in a clear demonstration of the values listed above.
Nice to have but not a Deal Breaker
- AWS SysOps Administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field