Construction Manager - Seattle, Washington | STAND 8 Careers | Stand8
The Construction Manager is responsible for all aspects of construction, projects including; Vendor selection, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT solutions to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Charlotte, LA, Atlanta, New York and more.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Ability to identify and quantify materials required for construction of first time install and customer modification work to an existing site.
- Ability to read and translate a customer RFDS into a scope of work
- Ability to discuss the scope of work in front of a live audience, including the customer
- High School degree
- A valid drivers license required
- Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS.
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
- Working knowledge of AT&T proprietary systems a plus, specifically NORAD
- Knowledge of budget development and execution
- Knowledge of construction management process
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge